Walk with us for Climate Justice, fundraise
and help more communities grow and thrive!
Right now, millions of the world’s poorest people are feeling the worst impacts of the climate crisis and experts predict more floods, drought and extreme weather patterns to come. For those living in poverty, this means more hunger, conflict and insecurity and a more uncertain future for us all.
We hold a vision of a better world, free from poverty and climate change. Come join with us!
Join Jayne and Jonathan Armstrong on this family friendly walk.
Please visit rrw21.eventbrite.co.uk to register.
From the organisers:
The Richmond Riverside Sponsored Walk is back, Covid-safe! Come out for the day with friends and family as we join together to enjoy the beauty of God’s creation along the River Thames in Richmond.
This family-friendly sponsored walk starts at St Matthias, a church with a 195 ft tall spire referred to as “The grandest church in Richmond” by Pevsner. The next stop is St Richard’s Ham, a contemporary church consecrated in 1966 with its unique roof structure which must be seen from the inside. The route takes in Ham House, a 17th century National Trust house and Marble Hill House, a Palladian villa built in 1720s for Henrietta Howard, mistress of King George II. Kew Palace built in 1631 and also known as the Dutch House is nearby, as the walk ends at St Anne’s Kew, a 1714 church with the famous painters Gainsborough and Zoffany buried in the churchyard.
It could be a time of reflection and contemplation as we walk to think of ways to conserve and sustain this planet, Earth to ensure that it is enjoyed by all and that future generations can inherit it.
This 8-mile (long walk) or 3-mile (short walk) walk along the Thames path will start at St Matthias Church, Church Road, Richmond, TW10 6LL and end at St Anne's Church, Kew Green, Richmond TW9 3AA.
Once registered you will receive a sponsorship pack containing full details of the walk and everything you need for your successful fundraising.
When: Saturday 25th September 2021
Starts: Registration starts from 10.15am at St Matthias Church, and the walk will begin at 11.00am from this venue.
Ends: The walk will end at St Anne's Church, Kew Green
Long walk: 8 Miles
Short walk: 3 Miles
There will be four checkpoints where walkers receive refreshments, they are:
1. St Matthias Church, Church Road, Richmond, TW10 6LS
2. St Richard's Church, Ashburnham Road, Ham, TW10 7NL (End of the short walk)
3. Old Palace Lane, TW9 1PG
4. St Anne’s Church, Kew Green, Richmond TW9 3AA (End of the long walk)
**Toilets will be available at the churches and along the route.**
Before The Walk
• Ask your friends and family to sponsor you, funds will be used to support Christian Aid’s work with communities affected by climate crisis. Why not bring your church along with you for some fun, and stretch your legs as you take in the beauty of God’s creation in Richmond and fill your lungs with some fresh air after months of lockdown!
• We also welcome people turning up on the day. There is a £20 suggested donation for adults who do not register before the event and do not plan to raise sponsorship.
All children under the age of 18 need to be accompanied by an adult. It is not expected that children under 18 years will raise sponsorship for this event.